Operational Finance Short Course
This unique and creative course unpacks the fundamentals of finance in an easily understandable and concise way over 10 weeks. It addresses one of the most essential management skills in a punchy, online format that helps new (and not-to-so-new) managers get to grips with critical principles of finance upon which successful businesses, projects and teams are built.
This course is perfect for:
- Specialise in skillsets other than finance or accounting – HR managers, who often have to do bookkeeping in smaller companies
- Marketing managers
- Production managers
- Junior bookkeepers
- Strategic decision-makers who need to understand finances and financial forecasting.
- Have previously studied finance and accounting, and require a refresher.
- Have recently been promoted to a management position and are now in charge of a team that impacts on the bottom line .
This course consists of 8 comprehensive modules covering all the critical theory, together with assignments that not only ensure you embed the knowledge but can also apply it to your specific situation. The intention is that at the end of the course, all the assignments combine to form a robust business plan that you can take to market.
- Module 1: Introduction to finance
- Module 2: Financial reports and statements
- Module 3:Interpretation and analysis
- Module 4:Forecasting and planning
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how to read, interpret and analyse financial data
- Be able to forecast and ascertain financial health
- Make strategic investment and business decisions
- Understand the procedures and considerations in the budgeting process
- Develop the ability to think critically and ask the right questions
- Know how to avoid cognitive biases that all humans fall prey to